You need a way to track & manage breakdown maintenance work that has to be done outside normal business hours. Such work is often a major source of maintenance department costs due to overtime payments and the need to have extra personnel available.
To do this, you should be able to do the following:
1. Schedule & tag work orders to indicate that the job is done outside of normal business hours
2. Get reports of the jobs that have been done after normal business hours
How To Do This
1. Create a new unplanned task e.g. “Any Other Maintenance (After Hours)” and associate it with a new Calendar (e.g. called “Night Shift“) that has working hours outside normal working hours. Make the new task template similar to the “Any Other Maintenance” task.
2. Mark this unplanned task as a “Universal task” (on Frequency>Unplanned tab) so that it can be associated with any equipment or location as needed when using “Breakdowns/ Requests“. Also check off the check box “Create separate work orders for each equipment/ location associated with this task” in the task template.
3. Any ad-hoc jobs that need to be done outside working hours can now be done by selecting “Any Other Maintenance (After Hours)” in the “Requests/ Breakdowns” screen.
Reporting such unplanned maintenance
You can now do various reports using the task “Any Other Maintenance (After Hours)” as a filter/ criteria.