Experts say that equipment maintenance software like FastMaint CMMS can help organizations save between 5-15% of their maintenance budgets.
Heavy equipment and construction equipment have large capital costs. Asset tracking and service management with maintenance software can improve equipment life and reduce replacement costs. You can define reliability centered maintenance standards to increase uptime and lower equipment downtime.
Inventory management of spare parts & supplies are another major source of savings. FastMaint can help even those with maintenance teams as small as one or two people.
Why use FastMaint CMMS software for your equipment assets?
- NO training required
- FAST to setup, EASY to use
- Easily schedule work & identify missed maintenance
- Submit & track work requests from equipment operators
- Choice of stand-alone/ networked editions
- Used by organizations of all sizes
- Prices start from $445
Useful equipment maintenance software features
- Manage both planned & unplanned maintenance
- Print pictures & detailed instructions on work orders
- Pull up all work orders done on an equipment
- Calendars to specify days off and work schedules for personnel
- Track parts used and inventory availability
- Track maintenance costs on different equipment
- Create custom fields for your information e.g. warranty dates, depreciation schedules, etc.
FastMaint CMMS is a general purpose maintenance program. Use it for plant maintenance, fleet vehicle maintenance, facility maintenance and managing the maintenance needs of other enterprise assets.
1. Equipment Maintenance Analytics – Find Expensive Maintenance Tasks
Some maintenance jobs can be costing more than you thought! Maintenance managers usually look at maintenance data by equipment to identify equipment that is getting expensive to maintain. However, there are other ways to to slice your data and look for ways to reduce costs and improve effectiveness. For example consider the costs of different maintenance tasks or jobs. This is especially relevant when you may have lots of very similar equipment. You may have several pumps of the same model, several similar HVAC units and so on.
2. Ways To Schedule Preventive Maintenance For Equipment & Machinery
PM scheduling should not be a headache! Preventive or preventative maintenance (PM) is a frequently overlooked aspect of maintenance management. Nearly every equipment needs some kind of regular maintenance. This reduces the chance of unexpected failure or repetitive breakdowns. Equipment downtime results in big costs due to lost production, variable product quality and poor customer satisfaction. Preventive maintenance can be a simple as doing a weekly check, to replacing a machine once it has done some number of run-hours.