Please make sure that all computers that need to be upgraded are a supported Windows version.
1. Request a download link for the latest FastMaint installer from the website (trial/ full version).
2. Once you received the email with the download link, download the installer to your hard drive. Keep a copy in a safe place e.g. on a CD/ shared drive/ thumb drive in case you need the installer again in the future.
3. Make sure that all users are out of FastMaint. For FastMaint Web also make sure that the web server is not running (built-in web server or Microsoft Internet Information Server as the case may be).
4. Take a copy FastMaint database. See “Related Issues” below for how to do this. The FastMaint database will be upgraded when the new version of FastMaintis run for the first time.
5. Run the software installer to upgrade the prior version to the new version. Make sure to choose the same install directory as before (the installer will normally select it by default). If you are upgrading FastMaint Web, select the option to run FastMaint Web at the end of the installation. This will start the built-in web server. Click on the “Setup” button in the main window of the built-in web server and confirm that your database settings, etc are correct.If you are using Microsoft Internet Information Server to host FastMaint Web, exit/ shutdown the built-in web server. Go to the Microsoft Internet Information Server Manager and ensure that the Application Pool for FastMaint Web is set to use the Microsoft .Net 4.0 framework (not Microsoft .Net 2.0 framework as specified for versions prior to FastMaint Web 7.0).
6. Run FastMaint. If you have FastMaint Web, start the web server (built-in web server or Microsoft Internet Information Server as the case may be).
7. Login as an administrator (Standard edition do not need a login).
8. If your version number has changed (see “Important Note” below) you will need a new license key. FastMaint will automatically give you a 30-day trial license so that you can continue to work till you get a new license key (if needed). If you already have a new license key enter it now. Otherwise when FastMaint is running as a trial, some users ability to logon will be restricted.
9. If you have FastMaint Professional installed on multiple computers, all computers must be upgraded to the same version of FastMaint if they point to the same FastMaint database. Older versions of FastMaint cannot work with newer versions of the FastMaint database. If a new license key is required, it just needs to be entered once on one of the computers. You do not need to enter the license key again on each computer.
Existing customers of FastMaint 11.0 and earlier versions will NEED TO A NEW REGISTRATION KEY to be able to use FastMaint 12.0 after the trial period. Please contact us for special upgrade pricing. Users who have annual maintenance should contact us for new registration keys. Once you run the install program the new version of FastMaint will be behave as trial version. You will need to get and enter the new registration key to continue using the software after the trial period.
Users upgrading from FastMaint 3.x and earlier: Please contact us for instructions on how to upgrade your FastMaint 3.x database.
- How do I make a copy of my maintenance database? How do I restore a backup?
- How do I install FastMaint Standard/ Professional editions?
- What is new in FastMaint?
- How can I upgrade from FastMaint Standard/ Professional to FastMaint Web edition?
- How can I install FastMaint Professional on a shared drive rather than install it on each computer?