FastMaint CMMS Software - Maintenance Management Software - From $995
Equipment & Facility Maintenance Work Order Software For Utilities, Manufacturing Plants, Industrial & Commercial Facilities
If you are responsible for managing maintenance at a large facility or industrial plant you will be handling a lot of requests for maintenance work. Most will be of the emergency or breakdown kind where requesters want immediate fixes. Some will be of the planned maintenance kind where requesters want you to do maintenance that keeps equipment running in top condition e.g. changing filters, oil changes, calibration and so on.
You need to have some way to manage and track and satisfy such requests. You also have to have a way to inform requesters when work is complete or if there are any problems. Traditional ways where people catch you in the hallways or give you a call can end up being a real nightmare especially if there are a lot of such requests to handle!
Useful Maintenance Request Management Features
You need to have an organized way of handling such requests. Good control of maintenance work request management will go a long way to ensure high end user satisfaction and fewer complaints about the maintenance department. Most CMMS software packages have maintenance requests modules that are part of the software or available as an add-on. Some useful features to look for are:
- Request submission: Allow non-maintenance personnel/ customers to make maintenance requests on their own. Requesters may be able to choose specific maintenance tasks or equipment/ locations and request specific maintenance.
- Support for alerts: The CMMS system may also be able to send you an email/ text alert when work requests are submitted. This will allow you to attend immediately to the important ones as well as defer or close out items that are not so urgent or are not really required.
- Work request review: You should be able to review a work request and decide what to do with it. Many work requests especially for emergency maintenance could be requesting the same work since more than one person could be submitting the request. Other requests could requests for several different kinds of maintenance. So you need a way to convert these requests to work orders or close out duplicates. Directly converting each and every maintenance request into a work order will result in a lot of duplicates or work orders that span several maintenance jobs and can be difficult to manage and track.
- Checking request status: As work orders get done or completed you need to have a way to inform requesters of the status automatically. This is much preferable to you having to contact each person individually to tell them what you are doing or have done! Most CMMS software have request status checking features that enable requesters to check the status of work requests they have made or check the status of specific maintenance jobs.
- Reporting & statistics collection: Report on all the work requests received and processed. This will help you catch requests that are overdue or pending and make sure that they are handled or closed. Besides this you can collect statistics on maintenance department performance over time e.g. requests received in a specific period, average days to complete a request and so on. Such statistics are useful to see if you are falling behind in handling requests or keeping up with them.
Looking For CMMS Software For Your Maintenance Program?
If you are looking for a CMMS package that can also handle maintenance requests you may want to have a look at a free 30-day trial of the FastMaint CMMS software. The maintenance request module is part of the FastMaint Web edition and is available as an optional add on to the FastMaint Professional edition. You will be able to submit & process maintenance requests, collect statistics and reports and see how useful it will be to you.Download CMMS Software